In our culture today, body weight can be a sensitive topic. We are bombarded with a very narrow and unrealistic set of physical standards that are considered beautiful, normal, and healthy. Every year, there is a new diet that declares to be the best way to lose weight. It can be confusing and frustrating to find the right program to manage weight for yourself.
Also, our culture’s ideology of the human body is superficial, and it influences how we feel about our body type, causing a misunderstanding of what our bodies really need to live and thrive healthfully. Ultimately, this affects how we feel about ourselves.
Ayurveda teaches us that each of us has a healthy weight unique to ourselves despite what cultural norms tell us is healthy. A wellness system of medicine that has helped people achieve optimal health and overall wellness for more than 5,000 years, Ayurveda will help you naturally find your optimal weight as you move into a state of balanced health. This is achieved through the union of your body, mind, emotions, and spirit with an approach that is unique, insightful, and realistic.
This class is for those who:
- Struggle with weight management
- Have tried to balance weight and feel discouraged and frustrated with unrealistic maintenance
- Would like to reset after feeling out-of-sync with diet or lifestyle
- Are unsatisfied or uncomfortable in their own body
- Body has changed with age or lifestyle
- Want to make peace with their body
- Have digestive issues
Welcome to the Ayurvedic approach to weight-loss. You will learn to have a new relationship with your body through a journey toward a balanced lifestyle and overall health.
We will discuss:
- Why drink warm water and tea.
- The importance of exercising first thing in the morning.
- Why you should eat your largest meal at noon and cut out the snacks.
- The six tastes and seasonal eating.
- Reasons to practice meditation.
- Good sleep at night, 7-8 hours.
- Mental and emotional effects of our superficial culture
- Ama (toxin accumulation) - causing fatigue and weight gain
- Fat fighter tips, teas, herbs, life style recommendations, and more…