Proper Nutrition and Lifestyle with Ayurveda: Unlock Your Human Potential: Cost $50
Ayurveda is a wellness system of medicine that has helped people achieve optimal health and overall wellness for more than 5,000 years. Help yourself naturally find your optimal health and weight through proper nutrition and lifestyle decisions as you move to a state of balanced health. This is achieved through the union of your body, mind, emotions, and spirit with an approach that is unique, insightful, and realistic.
Our culture’s ideology of the human body is superficial. It influences how we feel about our personal body type, causing a misunderstanding of what our bodies really need to thrive. Ultimately, this affects our self-esteem and our perception of self.
The Sanskrit word for digestive fire is Agni. It is the very source of life and longevity. According to the Ayurvedic texts, the Vedas, it is said that a man is as old as his Agni. When Agni is extinguished, we die. This teaches us that weakened digestion is at the root of every imbalance and disease.
Along with digestion, unhealthy or irregular dietary habits, unmanaged and accumulated stress, unsupportive relationships, inactive lifestyles, and environmental toxins can challenge your body’s ability to digest food properly. A weak digestive system results in the accumulation of ama, or toxins, that cause imbalance, disease, and premature aging. Your digestion is a true reflection of your mental-emotional-physical state of balance or imbalance. A few signs of a stressed digestive system and accumulation of toxins are fatigue and lack of motivation, mental fogginess and forgetfulness, recurring infections and illnesses, and weight gain. Look at the questions below to see how you really feel.
The Ayurvedic approach to nutrition and lifestyle is unique to each person. You will learn to have a new relationship with your body through a journey toward a balanced lifestyle and overall health.
This class is for those who:
· Have digestive issues, feel out of sync, struggle with weight gain
· Have mental fog, fatigue, mood swings, anxiety, depression
· Have tried to balance weight through diets and feel discouraged and frustrated with unrealistic maintenance
· Are unsatisfied or uncomfortable in their own body
· Have a changing body with age or lifestyle
We will discuss:
· A brief overview of the doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha
· Food as medicine–how nature, climate, season, and stages of life play a part in health and wellness
· The six tastes, seasonal eating, and ama accumulation
· Reasons to practice meditation
· Good sleep at night, 7-8 hours
· Why drink hot/warm water and tea
· The importance of exercising first thing in the morning
· Why you should eat your largest meal at noon and cut out the snacks
· General daily practices: food combining, and balanced food
· Fat fighter tips, teas, herbs, lifestyle recommendations, and more…