Terms & Policies
NE Wellness makes every attempt to make collaborative health care — Acupuncture and Chinese medicine — as available to as many people as possible, at the most affordable rates.
In respect for our intention to offer high quality health care at affordable prices, we ask for 24 hours notice in advance of an appointment if it is necessary to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
All appointments that are rescheduled or cancelled with less than 24-hour advance notice, and appointments missed without notice, will be charged a fee equal to 50% the full appointment value. If appointments have been purchased in a package, the missed, cancelled, or rescheduled appointment will be deducted from the number of remaining appointments in that package.
OUR CLINIC PROTECTS YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
This notice describes our clinic’s policy for how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, how you can get access to this information, and how your privacy is being protected.
In order to maintain the level of service that you expect from our office, we may need to share limited personal medical and financial information with your insurance company, with Worker’s Compensation (and your employer as well in this instance), or with other medical practitioners that you authorize.
Safeguards in place at our office include:
- Limited access to facilities where information is stored.
- Policies and procedures for handling information.
- Requirements for third parties to contractually comply with privacy laws.
- All medical files and records (including email, regular mail, telephone, and faxes sent) are kept on permanent file.
Types of information that we gather and use: In administering your health care, we gather and maintain information that may include non-public personal information:
- About your financial transactions with us (billing transactions).
- From your medical history, treatment notes, all test results, and any letters, faxes, emails, or telephone conversations to or from other health care practitioners.
- From health care providers, insurance companies, workman’s comp and your employer, and other third party administrators (e.g. requests for medical records or claim payment information).
You may be able to access and correct personal information we have collected about you (information that can identify you – e.g. your name, address, SSN, etc.).
We value our relationship, and respect your right to privacy. If you have questions about our privacy guidelines, please call us during regular business hours at 1-612-399-6322.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.